- Scene 1-2: gauze unwrapping, she wants to know why he rode off the roof, he wants to know why she drove off the road.
- Scene 2-3: dancing
- Scene 3-4: Music/Sound… insults and the word “retarded”
- Scene 4-5: Lotion/Cutting- her doing something she does for herself to him
- Scene 5-6: He touches her scars
- Scene 6-7: Doug tries to get her to run away with him, Doug tells her he loves her
- Scene 7-8: They both go to a parent to find each other
- Scene 8-1: Remember the puke, both talk about ice rink
- Brad: Kayleen’s boyfriend at age 23. They live together. He hit a tree with the car.
- Dan Strauss: Goes to middle school with Doug and Kayleen, kissed Erin Marks
- Doug’s mom: Came to the viewing, sent flowers and casserole, loves Kayleen
- Doug’s dad: Came to the viewing, loves Kayleen Elaine: Doug’s fiancé at age 28. He gets cold feet.
- Erin Marks: Doug’s crush at 13 years old, dances with her at the 8th grade dance. She kissed Ian McGee and Dan Strauss.
- Ian McGee: Goes to middle school with Doug and Kayleen, kissed Erin Marks
- Kayleen’s mom: left the family, died from stomach disease
- Kayleen’s dad: raised Kayleen, abusive, does not like Doug
- Kristen MacConnell: a nurse that went to high school with Doug and Kayleen. She calls Kayleen when Doug goes to the hospital after blowing out his eye.
- Matty Dozier: Beats up Doug at 18 after Doug tries to fight him for calling Kayleen a skank.
- Wheaton: School employee
- Sister Mary Pat: School employee, said that Doug broke his face
- Sister Boniface: School employee, told Mrs. Wheaton that Kayleen threw up blood
- Todd Scott: Riding the bike that Doug fell off the handlebars of and tore his Achilles tendon
- Tim: Kayleen’s boyfriend at age 18, rapes her